Crysis 3 Multiplayer Beta Hits Consoles Today
EA have launched the Crysis 3 multiplayer beta on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 and PC, allowing keen fans early access to the anticipated title.
Since Crysis 3 is in an open beta, anyone can get involved. EA promises vertical gameplay, game changing weaponry and ability customisation allowing players to proceed as they wish through the beta and beyond.
The multiplayer beta modes and details are as follows;
Unique Viral based game mode with 5 rounds. A randomly chosen team of two Hunters. armed with Bows and infinite stealth energy have to eliminate CELL Operatives who have crash landed in the level.
The CELL have one objective, to try to survive until their EVAC arrives. As each CELL member dies, they become part of the Hunter team and look to eliminate their former allies tipping the balance as the match progresses.
- Hunter tips: As a hunter, remember that the enemy is always on your radar. They can (and will) run, but they cannot hide! Remember, your bow is not a gun, although silent you need to pull and hold the trigger to charge your shot and get maximum damage from your weapon.
- CELL tips: You have motion detectors with an audible signal that changes as Hunters get in range, use this to you advantage. Each load out has different tools to help you to survive, experiment and find one that suits your play style.
- Capture and hold game mode. Single dynamic capture location is dropped off from an Ceph dropship. Teams must remain in the location in order to acquire points. After a period of time the pod will self-destruct and a new pod is launched in a new location in the map.
- Tips: Use the rip and throw shields from the drop pods as defense, or even throw them as a quick kill when the enemy team closes in. If an enemy team is dug in and protecting flanks, try leading with a grenade or other explosive, or better yet, commandeer a Pinger and lay waste to their defenses.
- Museum – The ruined remains of a world class museum, now flooded and overgrown with moss covered trees and plant life. Look for places to get vantage points and new paths such as across tree limbs and other non-traditional jump spots.
- Airport – A once well used launching off point for vacationers and business folks alike, now a dilapidated complex where planes sit rusting and baggage sits forever unclaimed. Watch out for open areas, and in particular when the VTOL is active, there are many places you can an unaware player can be caught out in.
The New York Feed is where you can see your latest progress, accomplishments and feats as well as that of your friends. It is a place where your completed challenges are advertised to your friends and vice versa.
Crynet broadcasts are also published here that inform you on what is going on in the community.
The New York Feed is also where you find challenges. You gain XP rewards for completing performance goals, successful use a particular weapon or module and more. There are 4 types of challenges and difficulties, with XP rewarded appropriately.
In the Crysis 3 multiplayer open beta progression is capped at Level 10, but don’t worry, in the retail game Crysis 3 multiplayer will cap out at Level 50.
EA also released a trailer marking the occasion, which you can view below!