The first patch for Two Tribes’ puzzle/platformer game Toki Tori 2 has been submitted to Nintendo and is currently undergoing review.
As the company outlines on its official blog, the first patch addresses a number of minor issues Two Tribes have identified thanks to reviews, online comments and feedback from the game’s Miiverse community.
For the most part Two Tribes have addressed a number of concerns surrounding the sometimes confusing nature of the game, which can see some players unsure how to proceed. This is contributed to Toki Tori 2‘s unconventional game design where it relies on the player to think for themselves rather than the game hold their hand.
You can find the full list of fixes and updates below!
- Improved the flow of the game after reaching the room with the ‘thing’
- Added another super-secret area
- Fixed a bug where Toki Tori was invisible after returning to the game
- Fades between levels now fade the audio too
- Simplified the puzzle in the underwater passage
- Fixed an issue when the TokiDex was completed in the photo room
- Some back- and foreground elements got a fresh coat of paint
- When all the collectibles in a level (or the entire game) are collected a melody will play to notify the player
- Fixed a rare bug where the player completed the game, but the end scene wouldn’t trigger
- Various level tweaks, based on Miiverse feedback
Isolating and tweaking some of the more challenging or confusing puzzles will certainly help to make the game more accessible. In our review for the game one of the negatives we marked Toki Tori 2 on was some puzzles were overly too clever.
No word on when this patch will be come available, as it’s currently undergoing review over at Nintendo’s testing labs (see below).